Admissions

Tuition

Investing in Your Child's Future

To become a part of the O'Neal community is to experience the joy of learning in a safe, enriching environment. Strong teacher/student relationships allow teachers to really know their students inside and outside the classroom. This helps teachers to gauge just how much each of their students can be stretched into new directions to reach their true potential. Strong character development, critical thinking skills, time management, physical well-being, freedom of creativity and leadership opportunities all meshed with academic excellence cultivates our students into strong successful future contributors. 

An O’Neal education is an investment in the creation of a strong foundation and structure of learning and LIVING for the rest of your student’s life. 

Experience The O'Neal Lower School

Experience the O'Neal Middle School

Experience the O'Neal Upper School

Tuition for Academic Year 2018-2019

Pre-Kindergarten - 3 and 4 year olds (Half Day) $6,300
Kindergarten (Full Day) $11,220
Grades 1 through 6 $14,750
Grades 7 through 12 $17,500

Payment Plan Options

List of 4 items.

  • Full Payment Plan

    100% of the tuition and the optional Dewar’s Tuition Refund Premium are due by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract.
  • Two-Payment Plan

    10% tuition deposit and the required Dewar’s Tuition Refund Premium are due by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract. The remaining 90% of tuition is due and payable in two installments, as follows: 45% due July 5 and 45% due November 5.
  • Four-Month Payment Plan

    10% tuition deposit and the required Dewar’s Tuition Refund Premium are due by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract. The remaining 90% of tuition is due and payable in four installments, as follows: 22.5% due July 5, 22.5% due September 5, 22.5% due November 5, and 22.5% due January 5. A $250 administrative fee per student is required with this plan and is due with the July payment.
  • Nine-Month Payment Plan

    10% tuition deposit and the required Dewar’s Tuition Refund Premium are due by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract. The remaining 90% of tuition is due in equal monthly payments beginning in June and ending in February. A $250 administrative fee per student is required with this plan and is due with the June payment.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is available to O’Neal students who are currently enrolled and to new students to whom enrollment has been offered. O’Neal strives to make it possible for all students who qualify for admission to attend. Each year The O’Neal School sets aside funds to provide need-based financial aid grants to students whose families demonstrate that they cannot afford to pay the full tuition from their own resources. A new financial aid application must be submitted each year in order to be considered for tuition assistance.

More Information

The Helen Pringle Holmberg Scholarship

The Helen Pringle Holmberg Scholarship is given by the Holmberg family in honor of their daughter, a member of the Class of 1997 and The O’Neal School’s first John Motley Morehead Scholarship recipient. This scholarship holds eligibility requirements similar to those of the Morehead focusing on leadership, scholarship, moral force of character and physical vigor. The Helen Pringle Holmberg Scholarship is awarded to a rising ninth grader, who has at least an A- cumulative academic average for grades seven and eight and whom the Scholarship Committee deems the most outstanding candidate. The scholarship covers 75% of the Upper School tuition and is renewable each year through grade twelve as long as the student’s cumulative grade point average remains at 3.5 (B+) or greater.

The Hannah Marie Bradshaw Scholarship

The Hannah Marie Bradshaw Scholarship is given in memory of Hannah Marie Bradshaw, whose enthusiasm, curiosity, and spirit of friendship enhanced the character of her O’Neal class. She loved The O’Neal School as a positive place that helped her reach her true potential. The Hannah Marie Bradshaw Scholarship is a $6,000 scholarship given to a rising ninth grader who is not currently an O’Neal student and whose family demonstrates financial need. The scholarship is renewable each year through grade twelve as long as the student’s cumulative grade point average remains at 3.5 (B+) or greater.
Serving Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Whispering Pines, Sanford, West End, Aberdeen, and areas surrounding Moore County, NC.


The O’Neal School
3300 Airport Road
Southern Pines, NC 28387
910.692.6920

Visit our private school Facebook for preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school photos.   Google+ offers a glimpse of private school life including preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school.   Follow Twitter to keep up with high school activities including athletic tournaments and sports scores.   Middle school students are prideful of postings on Instagram and become energetically engaged as a result.   Subscribe to YouTube for musical performances, convocations, commencements, and other events at The O'Neal School.